We at Etherne (an affiliate of Edgestart ltd) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
By visiting https://www.etherne.com/ you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 the “DPA”), the General Data Protection Regulation (the “Regulation”) and all other relevant legislation, the data controller is Etherne (Edgestart ltd). The data controller can be contacted by post at 25 Norway Gate
London, SE16 7TR by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at +44 (0) 79 50404251.
- Information we collect from you
- How we will use your information
- When we will disclose your information to others
- Your consent
- Where we store your personal data
- Your rights
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We will collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us.
This is information about you that you give us by filling in different part of our website https://www.etherne.com or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our newsletter, search for a product, add products, place an order on our site, make a booking via our site, participate in discussion boards, leave reviews, comments or participate in other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
Information we collect about you.
With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- if you make a buy any products via our site we will also collect the following information including your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
- Information we receive from other sources.
HOW WE WILL USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us (for example, to process your order to purchase products) and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about, but only where you have consented to receive this information;
- to provide you, or permit third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you but only where you have consented to receive this information. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- for automated decision making, including profiling and information about how decisions are made, the significance and the consequences];
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
WHEN WE WILL DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION TO OTHERS
Your personal information may be shared with:
Individuals within Etherne for the purposes of administering your account or the services you will provide to or receive from Etherne, or for the purposes of providing other information which you have consented to receive.
Selected third parties including:
- Payment services providers;
- Information Technology and other service providers in relation to our software, support systems and administration;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we will provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We will also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Etherne or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the sites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these sites, please note that these sites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these sites.
Where you have previously given your consent for us to use your data in a way in which you no longer wish us to use it, e.g. to provide you with information about other products or services, you can withdraw this consent at any time by clicking the unsubscribe button on the emails that we send you, contacting us by post at 25 Norway Gate, London SE16 7TR by email at email@example.com or by telephone at +44 7950 404251.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary (essential) cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our site, use a shopping bag or make use of online payment services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- Marketing You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will always obtain your consent (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes, or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by not checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. If you provide your consent and then change your mind, you can inform us of this by clicking the unsubscribe button on the emails that we send you, contacting us by post at post at 25 Norway Gate, London SE16 7TR by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at +44 7950 404251.
- Access to your information You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you (your right of access). If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email us at email@example.com post at 25 Norway Gate, London SE16 7TR by email at or by telephone at +44 7950 404251. We may make a small charge for this service.
- Complaints If you are not satisfied with the way in which we have collected or used your information, you can lodge a formal complaint at any time by contacting the Information Commissioners Office.
- Corrections We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.